Love; I saw it in a movie.
The boy always comes running.
Drops it all, no matter what.
Always, it's something important
Doesn't matter, drops it!
Goes running to be by her side,
Forever and ever
He sees her and their hearts collide.
Promises are made,
Forever and ever more
Never broken, never fade.
I've always wondered
When will this time come for me?
Just like every girl.
But I asked my Dad to see.
To make sure it wasn't me,
That I was worth it
Definitely just in the movie.
Plain to my simple eye,
As I asked, my words followed:
"Has any of your friends, people you knew,
have you heard of: a guys running to a girl like the movies...Have you?"
Dad nonchalantly looks in my eyes,
"No."
Laughs,"but no," with no disguise.
There, I had it.
It wasn't I
Love; I saw it in a movie.
That's where I let it die.
Hold on a minute
The kind of perfection...
Love
No deception...
Love
Can be found today,
Not in the movies
Not as they have it play.
Still Love.
As real as can be,
More so than the actors in any movie.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment